CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Friends having babies

This time of year it seems that EVERYONE is having babies. Especially close friends.
Don't get me wrong, i am SO happy for them! Just a bit jealous too, i mean let's be honest. you are to, right??

So how do we deal with it? PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND CONGRATULATE THEM! Trust me, i know it's hard. I do. But, i figure i can do one of two things:
1. Sulk, be jealous, and lose their friendship
2. Be genuinely happy, a little jealous, and just accept it
It makes life so much easier to opt for the second option. I am not saying you have to be there to listen to every pregnancy related story, symptoms, look at ultrasound appts, help decorate nursery, plan baby shower, etc. If you do, you are WAY stronger than I am. Just be happy. I just tell myself one day this will be me (by MIRACLE pregnancy or MIRACLE adoption).

What do you do? How do you handle the situations?

2 comments:

Jenna

Found your blog today when you entered to win my cookbook on From My Grey Desk. I know this feeling much to well, about 10 months ago I had a molar pregnancy, (if your interested look it up it's fairly rare)I am just finishing up my 6 months post negative testing and I feel like cheated like I should be holding my October baby. I could totally go that route and be sad and pouty about it, but like you I choose to be happy for all those (including my Brother and SIL) that are pregnant or trying around me. I have a few more months until we start trying again. Many blessings to you!! Have you tried charting your cycle?

Katie Rice

Hi Jenna! I am so sorry about the molar pregnancy. I am not to familiar with it, but will definitely be looking into it. We have been trying for 3+ years and have tried just about everything, including creighton charting. How long have yo been TTC? Good luck and God Bless! Where are you located?

Post a Comment